The Baroness is the ceremonial head of the Barony, the King and Queen’s representative within the group, and the Barony’s representative to the other branches across the SCA. Baroness Sciath is a lady from the late 13th century lowlands of Scotland, living near to the Firth of Clyde, with her Lord husband, Ieua ap Gwyllym and child Akazimi. Further details are available on the Ealdormere Wiki.
Champions of the Barony
Baronial champions represent the finest the Barony has to offer. Champions are charged to defend the honour of Her Excellency Rising Waters, the populace, and the Kingdom, whenever called upon to do so. During their tenure, champions are granted the right to wear and use the regalia of their position, and stand in Her Excellency’s Court.
Armoured Combat: Lord Iustus di Cordoba
Thrown Weapons: Lady Runa Sǫlveigardóttir
Rapier Combat: Lord Hamish MacLeod
Arts and Sciences: TBD
Bardic Arts: TBD
Youth Champion: TBD
Baronial Youth Corps
This program is for youth in Our Barony, aged 7 to 17, is meant to foster youth in services, combat arts, and Arts & Sciences by providing them with the opportunity for youth to learn and demonstrate chivalry, honor, responsibility, courtesy, leadership and history. Contact Her Excellency, Sciath, to find out more about the Baronial Youth Corps, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Her Excellency plans to attend these events and encourage the populace of Rising Waters to join her.
- March 13 – Rising Waters Fight Practice at St. Catharines Collegiate
- March 21 – Festival of the Passing of the Ice Dragon in Genesee County, NY
- March 28 – Kingdom of Ealdormere Arts & Science Competition, Barony of Skraeling Althing
- April 4 – Æthelmearc Spring Coronation of Maynard and Liadain, Jamestown, NY
- April 25 – Ealdormere Spring Coronation of Prince Rattanicus and Princess Isabel, Barony of Rising Waters
- May 9 – Lady Mary Memorial Tournament, Barony of Rising Waters, Barony of Rising Waters
- May 15 – Fruits of Our Labours, Barony of Ramshaven
- May 23 – Spring Crown Tournament, Stirling, Ont.
- May 30 – Warrior’s Path, Lindsay, Ont.
- June 5 – The Road to Rouen, Holland, NY
- June 12-14 – Murder Melee, Barony of Ben Dunfirth (Binbrook, Ont.)
- July 3 – 5 – War of the Trillium, Clarington, Ont.
- July 25 – Aug 7 – Pennsic War, Butler Co., Penn.
This year’s taxes to her Excellency is a story. This can be in the form of a period story from a medieval source, or a personal story. Your story doesn’t have to be very long, but should be no longer than 15 minutes in the telling. Take some time to tell your Baroness a story!
Taxes are due before the end of the Lady Mary Memorial Tournament.
Her Excellency’s Chamberlaine is Lady Jowan nyn Ranell (Joey Hillier)
You can contact her for any matters related to: largesse and gifts coordination, the baronial regalia, logistics in attending local, Kingdom and Society events for HE, court plans (no surprises in court, please!), or general questions related to Her Excellency’s tenure.
Entourage for Her Excellency is coordinated by Lady Rúna Sǫlveigardóttir (Gillian Barclay)
She manages volunteers for retinue to support Her Excellency, Sciath at events. Your help and time are sincerely appreciated for in-barony, kingdom events, and out-of-kingdom events. Please consider signing up for a short shift during your event day. No experience necessary!
There is also a desire to have “Youth Retinue” if younger members of the barony wish to participate. Speak with Runa for more information!
Lord Ieuan ap Gwylym (Stuart Crump) is Her Excellency’s appointed court herald. He is very open to help from any heralds at large in the Barony.
Her Excellency has no food allergies but is mindful of what she eats. She particularly loves cheeses, rye and sourdough bread, cured meats, and raspberries. She does, occasionally, imbibe in fermented beverages at events, but appreciates the availability of unsweetened iced tea, and water. Her Excellency agrees with Baroness Avelyn of Skraeling Althing, and tea is, indeed, life.