Greetings to all
I am currently looking for a successor to become the next Baronial Exchequer for the Barony of Rising Waters. I will be resigning from my post with an absolute last date of May 2021. I would like to have someone step up prior to May of 2021 so that I can show them the ropes and get them settled into the job. This is an important position, as without an exchequer, we cannot have a Barony.
The position of Baronial Exchequer requires the following:
- A valid official SCA membership
- Attendance and reporting at monthly Baronial Officer meetings, virtually or in person.
- Retaining all Baronial banking information for an eight year retention period, which currently fits in a single banker’s box.
- Sending a quarterly report four times per year to the Kingdom Exchequer
- January to March, report due May 15th
- April to June, report due August 15th
- July to September, report due November 15th
- October to December, report due February 15th
- Tracking local Baronial income and expenses
- Depositing money from local events, fight practices, mega practices, and fund raisers
- Writing Cheques to reimburse members for expenses that were agreed upon by the Barony
- Note: all cheques must be countersigned by a bank authorized signatory
- Ensuring that the local Baronial financial policy is up to date
- Tracking local Event income and expenses
- Writing cheques to pay for the site and to reimburse members for expenses that were agreed upon by the Barony
- Getting the float ready for local Baronial events
- Collecting money and counting the tills at the end of local Baronial events
- Ensuring that the bank account signatories list is up to date and updating as needed when there is a change of officer.
- Signatories include:
- the Baronial Exchequer
- the Kingdom Exchequer
- the Baronial Seneschal
- the Deputy Baronial Seneschal – if there is one
- an agreed upon member of the Financial committee – if there is one.
- Signatories include:
BARON & BARONESS are not allowed to be signatories.
Signatories are not permitted to be members of the same household.
I know that it seems like a lot, however, even before the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown of all SCA events, we were not a busy Barony. We typically only hold two or three large events per year, a few mega practices, and fight practices. Some quarters there is almost nothing to do except for writing a few cheques, making a few deposits, and the Quarterly Report.
If being the Baronial Exchequer sounds like a service that you would like to perform, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jowan nyn Ranell