As some of you may know, Her Ladyship Baroness Fiona (insert much alphabet soup here), had an extensive book collection which was broken up upon her death. I have been cataloging such of it as was stored with Lady Briend and Lord Starkathr, and I believe I have finished with the books. The rest consists of old newsletters and such which I will get to in the near future. So here is a partial listing, which I have not alphabetized. If anyone needs to consult these books, I will arrange for a loan, but the collection has to stay intact, and a curse will be applied to anyone who does not return an item.
Baroness Ariadne Athingana of Ravenglass
- Intelligible Heraldry: The application of a Mediæval system of Record and Identification to Modern Needs by Sir Christopher Lynch-Robinson, BT., and Adreian Lynch-Robinson, Barristers-at-Law, the King’s Inns, Dublin; Macdonald & Co. Ltd., London; 1948. Hardcover
- Wappenbuch: Herausgegeban von Horst Appuhn by Johann Siebmachers; Siebmachers Wappenbuch mit 3471 Wappen, Handkolorierte Ausgabe von 1605. Nachwort von Horst Appuhn mit einem umfangreichen Register; Die bibliophilen Taschenbücher. (Hand-coloured heraldic pictures). Paperback, 2 volumes in a box.
- Some Feudal Coats of Arms from Heraldic Rolls 1298-1418; illustrated with 830 zinco etchings from errifies, brasses and coats of arms by Joseph Foster; James Parker & Co., 1901, Crecy Books, 1984. 0-947554-009. Hardcover.
- Heraldry by Julian Franklyn; A.S. Barnes & Co. Inc, 1965 & 1968. 0-498-06683-5. Large-format hardcover.
- Heraldic Design: Its Origins, Ancient Forms and Modern Usage by Hubert Allcock; Tudor Publishing Co., 1962. Large-format hardcover.
- A Pictorial Dictionary of Heraldry as used in the SCA, 2nd edition by Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme and Akagawa Yoshio (Kevin Munday & Bruce Miller); SCA 1988. In a binder.
- Vocabulaire-Atlas Héraldique en six langues: français, English, deuthsch, español, italiano, nederlandsch par le baron Stalins et al. Paris, Société du grand armorial de France, 1952. (Compliments of Bacuorin, Oaken Herald, 2-4-A.S. XVII) In a binder.
- Heraldik by Milan Buben. Albatross Praha, 1986. In German. Hardcover
- Dictionary of Heraldry by Charles Norton Elvin. 1889. In a binder.
- The Roll of Arms of the Kingdom of Caid by Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme.
Midlands Armourial, May XVIII.
The Great Roll of Arms of Atenveldt, 3rd edition.
- Name submissions: Wayne Schaefer, Paul Remisch, Mary-Jo Potter, Avril C.M. Brass (Domus Chryselephantinus), Chris Doyle, Trevor J. Ralph. paper
- Slavic Names, partly hand-written. paper
- Naming Practices. Photocopy.
Herald’s Newsletter, 6 September, A.S. XI from Daemon de Folo, Lord Dragon Herald. Paper.
- White Mantle Heraldic Glossary, April 9, 1999. 3.5” diskette. Unknown format.
- A Book of the Herald: A Manual for Heraldic Officers of the Middle Kingdom, third edition. Published by the Middle Kingdom College of Heralds, Daemon de Folo, Lord Dragon Principal Herald as editor; Folump Enterprises, 1980. stapled photocopy. (2 copies)
Shield blanks and some heraldic notes. In a legal-sized folder.
- Medieval Heraldry by Terence Wise; Osprey Men-at-arms series. 1980. 85045-348-8. Photocopy in a red cover.
- Heralds and Ancestors by Sir Anthony Wagner KCVO, Dlitt, FSA, Garter Principal King of Arms. British Museum Publications Ltd., 1978. 0-7141-8007-6. Paperback.
- Heraldry & the Heralds by Rodney Dennys; Jonathan Cape Ltd; 1982, 1984. 0-224-01643-1. Hardcover.
- Nouveau guide de l’héraldique by Pierre Joubert; Ouest-France, 1984. Hardcover.
- Heraldry: Decoration and Floral Forms by Herbert Cole; Bracken Books, London. 1988. 1-85170-182-6. Hardcover.
- The Book of Settlements (Landnamabok), translated by Hermann Pálsson and Paul Edwards. Index of chapters and names of settlers. Photocopy.
- Workes of Armorie by John Bossewell, London 1572. #145 of The English Experience, its record in early printed books published by facsimile; DaCapo Press, Amsterdam. 1969. Photocopy in a red cover.
- Glossary of Terms as Used in the Rules for Submission (excerpt with additions by the Dragon Herald of the Midrealm). Photocopies: 1 bound, 1 loose; in folder.
- Proceedings of the 1991 Known World Heraldic Symposium, sponsored by Triton Principal Herald of Atlantia in the Baronies of Lochmere and Storvik, Kingdom of Atlantia. SCA, 1991. In blue binder.
- Herald’s Proceedings, Caidan Heraldic Symposium and Scribe’s Conclave. SCA, 1989. In black cover.
- Scroll Texts and Achievements of Atlantia, being a useful compendium for scribes and illuminators. Copy 12 of the first edition of 150. Property of the College of Heralds of the Middle. March 1988.
- Proceeding of the Fasachian Heraldic Symposium, being the Fifth Known World Symposium held in the Barony of Lock Salann, Kingdom of Atenveldt, August A.S. XIX (1984). Photocopy in black cover.
- English Norse Cross-Reference List compiled, with permission from the Old Norse Name by Geirr Bassi Haroldsson.
- Cross-Index of the SCA Armorial, as of October A.S. XXIV (1989). Photocopy in brown cover.
- Heraldry of the Royal Families of Europe by Jirí Louda & Michael Maclagan; Orbis Publishing Ltd., NY, 1981. 0-517-54558-6. Hardcover, large.
- MON, the Japanese Family Crest by W. M. Hawley and Kei Kaneda Chappelear. 1976. Photocopy in red cover.
- Basic Heraldic Design for the SCA, second draft, not for copy or distribution; by Mistress Orianna Fridrikskona, Dextrochere Pursuivant, 1993, Photocopy.
- A Glance at Heraldry by Irene Gass, ill. By Contrad Bailey; George G. Harrap & Co. Ltd., 1959. Photocopy in green cover.
- Middle Kingdom Scroll Text Standards by Master Kyrille Andreskevich, Dragon Signet of the Middle Kingdom. July A.S. XXIII. Photocopy in red cover.
ARTS & SCIENCES
- Cross-stitch Tips from the Experts, Simply Cross Stitch supplement; The Needlecraft Shop, 1991; 916906. pamphlet.
- 101 Folk Art Designs for Counted Cross-stitch and Other Needlecrafts, edited by Carter Houck; Dover Publications, 1982. 0-486-24369-9. Photocopy.
- The Annotated Arnold: A Commentary on Patterns of Fashion 1560-1620 by Janet Arnold, by Robert W. Trump; Royal University of Scirhafoc and the Calon Scrolls II; 1987. Paperback, spiral-bound.
- Costume and Fashion, Volume I: Prehistoric to 1066, 2nd edition, by Herbert Norris. 1930. Photocopy.
- Costume and Fashion, Volume II: 1066 to 1485, second edition, by Herbert Norris. 1930. Photocopy.
- Costume and Fashion, Volume III: The Tudors, second edition, by Herbert Norris. 1930. Photocopy.
- Footwear, seminar notes. By ‘Queta, Casa Reyes, SCA, 1983. Photocopy.
- Cut My Cote by Dorothy K. Burhham, Textile Department, Royal Ontario Museum, 1973. 972.248.1. Paperback.
- Fitting Feat: A Shoe Making Manual by Lady Myfanwy Dirwestoles ferch Gryffydd (B.M. Slade); Van Mannen & Van Maanen, 1993. Paperback, spiral-bound.
- Costuming seminar notes by Jean Charles Black, Ryerson University, 1994. Photocopy.
- Shoes and Pattens: Medieval Finds from Excavations in London, 2, by Francis Grew and Margrethe de Neergard; Museum of London; Her Majesty’s Stationery Office, 1988. Photocopy in binder.
- Medieval Craftsmen: Embroideries by Kay Staniland; British Museum Press, 1991. 0-8020-6915-0. Photocopy in paper cover.
- Renaissance Patterns for Lace, Embroidery and Needlepoint: An unabridged facsimile of the “Singuliers et nouveaux pourtraicts” of 1587 by Federico Vinciolo; Dover Books; 0-486-22438-4. Paperback
- The Pattern Library: Quilting and Patchwork by Michele Walker; Balantine Books/Dorling-Kindersley; 1983; 0-345-30911-1. Paperback
- Shoes for Free People by David & Inger Runk; Unity Press, 1976; 0-913300-44-6. Large-format paperback.
- Wood carving by Charles G. Leland, FRLS, MA; Coles Publishing Co. Ltd, 1980. Paperback.
- Patterns for Theatrical Costumes: Garments, Trim, and Accessories from Ancient Egypt to 1915 by Katherine Strand Holkeboer; Prentice Hall Press, 1984, 1987. 0-13-654260-3. 646′.47. Large-format paperback.
- Abc of Lettering by Carl Holmes; Walter Foster Art Books. Large-format paperback.
- Early Medieval Clothing edited by Paul Scruton; the Anglo-Saxon and Viking Research Unit, 1987. Large-format paperback.
- A&S Journal, Vol. I. Ealdormere, A.S. XIX. Lady Tamarra Amalthea de Romany, editor. Spiral-bound.
- Make Your Own Model Forts & Castles by Richard Cummings. David McKay Co., Inc. Photocopy.
- A Primer of the Art of Illumination for the Use of Beginners, etc. By F. Delamotte, 2nd edition, enlarges. Crosby Lockwood & Son, London, 1925. Photocopy.
- Queen Elizabeth’s Wardrobe Unlock’d: The Inventories of the Wardrobe of Robes prepared inJuly 1600, etc. Edited & with commentary by Janet Arnold, 1988. Large-format photocopy in crappy blue binder.
- Ideas and Patterns newsletter, May 26, 1990. reprinted by Barb Schofield for KeyCon ’90. Photocopy.
- A Few of My Favourtie Stores by Jacqui Ward. Photocopy.
- Patterns, enlarged for applique: Mainde & Unicorn; Strolling Minstrel; Unicorn in Captivity
- Seven loose pages with outlines and explanations of paintings: Emperor Charles V; John of Gaunt & his wife Phillipa (2); the Battle of Nancy; Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick & Salisbury; John, 2nd Lord Beaumont; Flint Castle, Henry Plantagenet & Richard II (2).
- Notes on a talk given at Ryerson College, Toronto, by Janet Arnold, September 9, 1993.
- To the King’s Taste: Richard II’s book of feasts, recipes, from The Forme of Cury. Adapted for modern cooking by Lorna J. Sass, Metropolitan Museum of Art. 1975. Photocopy in red binder.
- The Complete Book of Sewing: Dressmaking and sewing for the home made easy by Constance Talbot; The Greystone Press, 1943, 1955. 55-10778. Hardcover.
- Makind Costumes 2: Resources from the collection of London Public Library. A guide to pattern books and techniques compiled by Laura MacRae, Social Sciences Librarian. 1994. Paperback
- Celtic Art: the Methods of Construction by George Bain. Wm. MacLellan & Co., Ltd., Glasgow, 1951; Dover Books, 1973. 0-486-22923-8. Large paperback.
- Ormbook 1: 25 Interlace Designs for Color or Crewel, designed by John R. Benson; Orm Press, 1975, 1983. Paperback
- Historic Costume for the Stage by Lucy Barton, ill. by David Sarvis; Walter H. Baker Co., Boston. 1935, 1961. Photocopy.
- The Dress of the Venetians 1495-1525 (Pasold Studies in Textile History 7) by Stella Mary Newton; Scolar Press, 1988. 0-85967-735-4. Photocopy in purple binder.
- How to Cook Forsoothly by Mistress Katrine de Baillie du Chat, O.L. Raymond’s Quiet Press, 1979. Softcover, spiral-bound.
- Ealdormere Arts and Sciences Journal, vol ii., compiled by Tamarra Amalthea de Romany.
- The Official Middle Kingdom Song Book, Countess Valmai Arcalien, ed. Lyrics, some notation. Softcover in a black binder.
- Homosexual Saints of the Roman Catholic Church: The Passion of SS. Serge and Bacchus. From the Abbot Cajetan Fitzpatrick collection.
- Hymn to Homosexual Saints, Sixth Century. From the Abbot Cajetan Fitzpatrick collection.
- Heterosexual Marriage “Period”, 12th & 16th Centuries. From the Abbot Cajetan Fitzpatrick collection.
- Adoption and Brotherhood Ceremonies: 12/13/& 15th Centuries. From the Abbot Cajetan Fitzpatrick collection.
- Western Europe in the Middle Ages: 300-1475, 4th edition, by Brian Tierney & Sidney Painter; Alfred A. Knopf, 1983, 0-394-33060-9. Hardcover.
- Readings in Medieval History, edited by Patrick J. Geary; Broadview Press, 1989. 0-921149-38-7. Paperback.
- Flanders in the Fifteenth Century: Art and Civilization. Catalogue of the Exhibition Masterpieces of Flemish Art: Vey Eycki to Bosch. Organized by the Detroit Institute of Arts and the city of Bruges. 1960.
- The Travels of Sir John Mandeville; an abridged version with commentary by Norman Denny and Josephine Filmer-Sankey.William Collins Sons & Co Ltd., 1973. 0-00-192329-3. Hardcover.
- Ancient Campania, volume 1: Cumae and the Phlegraean Fields by A.G. McKay; The Vergilian Society, Cromlech Press, Hamilton, ON. 1972. Paperback.
- Ancient Campania, volume 2: Naples and Coastal Campania by A.G. McKay; The Vergilian Society, Cromlech Press, Hamilton, ON. 1972. Paperback.
- The Economic Development of Medieval Europe by Robert-Henri Bautier; Thames and Hudson, London. 1971. 0-500-32021-2. Paperback.
- Historical map of Wales and Monmouth by L.G. Bullock; John Bartholomew & Son Ltd., Edinburgh. Paperback.
- Das Wesertal von Hannoversch-Münden, von Dr. H. Poppe-Marquard; Kleine, mehrsprachige bilbandreihe Band 4; Verlag A. Fromm, Osnabrück. In German, English, Dutch, French. Small hardcover.
- The Knight in History by Frances Gies; Harper and Row, 1984. 0-06-015339-3. Photocopy in black binder.
- The Socio-Political Structure of Early Iceland by Ragnheiðr vísakona Þórbjarnardóttir. Photocopy by author, with note to Fiona. 1997.